Intermediate Interior Designer
MATERIA | Interior Design Studio is a Kelowna based award-winning design firm working on a diverse range of residential, commercial and hospitality projects in the Okanagan Valley. Our company is growing and we are looking for a new member to join our dynamic and driven team.
If you are and Intermediate Interior Designer with minimum 3 years of experience working in the industry and you are looking for a change of scenery we would love to hear from you.
Come and enjoy the best of both worlds; enjoy the benefits of living in a great community, with great weather and outdoor lifestyle while having a professional career with life balance that you won’t find anywhere else.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Intermediate Interior Designer to help support the firm’s continued growth. As a self-directed and collaborative member of our team, you will:
Work closely with our senior design team through all phases of work, including collaboration and coordination with the design team, clients, and consultants.
Have the ability to conceptualize and design complex projects from pre-design through construction documents phases
Lead the development of presentations using physical and digital tools.
Be versatile and flexible, participating in all aspects of the practice, including architecture, graphics, wayfinding, branding, and landscape.
• Interior Design degree from a CIDA accredited program.
• Minimum of 3+ years of interior design experience across a broad range of project types.
• Exceptional design and graphics skills.
• Self-motivated; ability to manage time well and work efficiently towards deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English.
• Experience working in a similar type of projects
• Working knowledge of Canadian Building Codes.
• Experience producing contract documents in AutoCAD.
• Experience with design and procurement of interior specification grade finishes, FF&E and lighting
• Working knowledge of Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Suite, and/or other design-related software.
• Collaborative and professional work ethic.
• Valid work status in Canada.
Salary range: 55,000 - 65,000 Yr.
Hours: 37.5 – 40 hours/week
MATERIA is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity to grow with our team in a collaborative and fun, open-office environment.
All applicants should submit a portfolio with CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted